Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan spent some quality time at Comic-Con 2014 in a panel that included Hulk Hogan, Paul Heyman and Sting. However, when he returned home, he ended up walking in on a burglary in his home and was able to subdue one of the thieves. PWS reported that Bryan took part in a police press conference on Saturday and admitted that he was going to need to undergo a second neck surgery.
Of course, the press conference was about the robbery attempt and Bryan’s actions in stopping it, but when it comes to Daniel Bryan, questions will end up about the WWE. In this case, it was about the injured neck that cost him the WWE World Heavyweight Championship as well as the last few months of his career. Bryan said that he still only had half strength in his right arm and doctors have told him he needed a second neck surgery.
While he knows that he might need the surgery, Bryan said that he is not sure he will have the surgery or now. He was supposed to be back in the WWE ring by August, but word leaked that he might need shoulder surgery that could keep him out until early 2015. Now, a second neck surgery could also keep him out even longer. It wasn’t that long ago that WWE superstar Edge had to retire rather than face paralysis thanks to neck injuries.
It is impressive that Daniel Bryan was able to stop the burglary of his home despite being at half strength. When he and his wife Brie Bella arrived home from Comic-Con 2014, they walked in on the robbery and the two burglars ran. Bryan was able to restrain one of the burglars using a rear naked choke. This was big for the newlyweds because one of the items that was stolen was a ring given to Bryan by his father who passed away earlier in the year.