Along with a new year, 2014 will bring millions of resolutions. Thousands of them will unfortunately fade away over time. Creating goals for yourself as opposed to resolutions can help prevent this from happening.
Here is an example:
- Resolution: I am going to become healthy in 2014.
- Goal: In January 2014 I am going to become a member of a health club and work out on Mondays and Wednesdays after work.
Can you see the difference? The resolution is throwing what you want out there into the atmosphere. The goal actually outlines it exactly.
Here is how goals can be applied towards writing your book
- In January 2014, I will research online what it will take for me to start writing a book.
- In February 2014, I will begin writing down my ideas for my book.
- In March 2014, I will begin the book writing process.
Listed below under Suggested by Author is a list of links to informative articles to get you started on your book writing journey.
Today is a great day to write down your writing goals for 2014.