From Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Wreck-It Ralph,” now available on 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, SD Digital and On-Demand, takes viewers on a hilarious journey. For decades, Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) has played the bad guy in his popular video game. In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart.
"I just had to go in and be honest every day, and really try to make it seem like I was really meaning what I say," Reilly says of his preparation for the role. And the having fun part was just a feature of being able to improvise in the studio. That is one of the great joys of doing voice over work, you often have more time than you need. They'll book four hours for a session and to do the scripted material well takes you probably an hour and a half, so you have this extra time to just kind of fool around. As a result, the pressure of getting it right is really not there. It just feels like this laboratory where you're just trying to make each other laugh and surprise each other, and that's different than on a live action movie where the sun's going down, there's people standing there, it costs money every second that you're out there working, and there's a lot more pressure in that situation."
As Ralph explores exciting new worlds, he teams up with some unlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman).
"When the, as the character developed, the sketches changed and stuff," Silverman says. "Then when I first saw the eyebrows, I was like, ‘Hey, that’s like me.' And also when the hair turned black in a ponytail. It’s already so cool to be in a Disney movie, you know? They don't want to just crank 'em out. They take a lot of time and are constantly honing and tweaking, and making every moment as rich as possible."
In addition, "Wreck-It Ralph" features an all-star voice cast including Jack McBrayer as the voice of Fix It Felix, Jr. and Jane Lynch as the voice of Sgt. Calhoun, plus breakthrough bonus features that take viewers even deeper into the world of video games, Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph” has something for every player.
Bonus Materials Overview for HD Digital, SD Digital, 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy) and 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray +DVD):
- Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of “Wreck-It Ralph” – Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for “Wreck-It Ralph.” The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.
- Alternate & Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.
- Video Game Commercials – Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film - Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.
- “Paperman” – Which won the Academy Award for best animated short, tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention?
Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Materials
- DisneyIntermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” – When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.