Chi Lin, WeHo’s hottest Asian restaurant is offering a whopping 50% off on dinners starting Sunday, February 2 – Thursday through February 6, 2014, in honor of Chinese New Year. This is quite a bargain for a chance to sample the culinary wizardry of Executive Chef Tyson Wong who is creating dishes to usher in good luck, fortune, and longevity in the Year of the Horse. Chef Wong’s menu of auspicious eats emphasizes traditional Chinese cuisine with modern presentation including dishes such as:
- Chinese New Year Cocktail ($5)
- Pea Leaf and Water Chestnut Dumplings with gingered soy sauce ($12)
- Long Life Noodles hand pulled noodles, fresh black truffles, and secret sauce ($25)
- 8-hour Lacquered Peking Duck lacquered skin, carved, and served with handmade Porbien crepes, plum sauce, julienne cucumbers, and scallions ($68)
- Black Pepper Two Basil Filet Mignon with Crispy Shiso Leaf tender Filet Mignon with black pepper sauce, Thai Basil, and Opal Basil topped with Crispy Shiso Leaves ($24)
- Sautéed Gai-Lan Chinese broccoli sautéed with garlic and chilies ($12)
- Assorted desserts
Chi Lin, which is located at 9201 Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood, became a fast foodie favorite (yours truly included) since its opening earlier this year. It is one of the IDG brand that includes Los Angeles’s Soleto, B Grill in the Terminal 7 of LAX, Sushi Roku (with locations in West Hollywood, Santa Monica, and Pasadena), BOA Steakhouse (with locations in West Hollywood and Santa Monica), Katana in West Hollywood, and Robata Bar in Santa Monicas and others. For more information visit www.innovativedining.com or find IDG on Facebook.
Reservations are must and can be made by calling 310-278-2068, the deal only applies in the restaurant, no take outs. This is a chic and perfect spot for a romantic dinner for two.
If your New Year's resolution is to lose weight or keep it off you should watch the video on how to order Chinese food. However when dining at Chi Lin you just might want to throw calorie caution to the wind, it's too good to skip a course, you can always diet tomorrow or hit the treadmill, EFX and classes at Crunch.