As Lifetime aired the film “Prosecuting Casey Anthony” based upon prosecutor Jeff Ashton’s book, the question has been raised whether the public would watch a film based upon criminal defense attorney Jose Baez’ book “Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story.” Jose Baez represented Casey Anthony in her 2011, first-degree murder trial, winning a stunning acquittal for the Florida mother accused of suffocating her two-year-old daughter Caylee with chloroform and duct tape. While Jose Baez has been portrayed as a villain for defending Casey Anthony, his reputation as a top criminal-defense attorney has soared. He recently taught at Boston’s prestigious Harvard Law school. It was not his first time teaching at the Ivy League university.
Jose Baez shocked the nation when during opening statements he presented Casey Anthony’s strategic defense. Not only did he disagree with the allegations Casey had suffocated Caylee on June 16, 2008, he stated that little Caylee was never murdered. Instead, he insisted that Casey had been the victim of ongoing sexual abuse at the hands of her father George Anthony (an allegation George Anthony adamantly denied under oath), and that Caylee drowned in the family’s swimming pool. Baez’ book doesn’t stray from his opening statements and continues to maintain Casey’s innocence regarding Caylee’s death and murder.
One of the greatest bombshells in the entire case was revealed in Jose Baez’ book as he discussed searches made on the Anthony family computer for the words “foolproof suffocation.” Baez stated that his computer forensic team discovered the searches and were prepared to address the matter in court; however, prosecutor Jeff Ashton never brought them up. There is continued disagreement as to whether the prosecution knew about the searches or if they didn’t bring them up because they felt it would affect their timeline of events.
What do you think? Would you watch a movie based upon Jose Baez’ book? Did you watch “Prosecuting Casey Anthony”? If so, what did you think of the movie? Feel free to leave your comments, opinions, and views below.
Follow the Casey Anthony Case on Facebook and on Twitter
Click here for Casey Anthony photos, videos and documents
For more Casey Anthony news, check out the recent articles below. Click subscribe to receive notice in your email when a new article has been published.
· Share your views on Lifetime’s ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ movie (Video)
· Lifetime follows ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ with ‘Beyond the Headlines’ (Video)
· Live blogging, chat for Lifetime movie ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ with Rob Lowe (Video)
· Jose Baez said Caylee Anthony was first thought in the morning and last at night (Video)
· Is Casey Anthony the Lizzie Borden of the twenty-first century? (Video)
· Casey Anthony court appeal to be heard live, streaming online; Will she attend? (Video)
· Do you find similarities between the Casey Anthony case and Jodi Arias case? (Video)
· Will viewers tune in for ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ Lifetime movie? (Video)
· Did television host Aphrodite Jones incite violence against Casey Anthony? (Video)
· Newspaper predicts Casey Anthony will be ‘big news’ in 2013 (Video)
· Why Jose Baez is not the villain in the Casey Anthony case (Video)
· Some say boycott Casey Anthony books, movies, media and news, do you agree? (Video)
· Possible sighting of Casey Anthony has many asking if she fears for her life (Video)
· Jeff Ashton explains meaning of ‘Imperfect Justice’ in Casey Anthony case, book (Video)
· George Anthony says ‘foolproof suffocation’ search clears him, gives statement (video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Do you think photo is real ‘Tot Mom’ sighting? (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Is this photo first sighting of ‘Tot Mom’? (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Lifetime movie told from Jeff Ashton’s perspective (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Photos of woman may be Casey in Palm Beach (Video)
· Photos: Warning! Graphic pictures of Caylee Anthony’s Remains (View With Caution)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Caylee’s remains still speak, four years later (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Casey on phone as ‘fool-proof suffocation' searched
· Casey Anthony latest news: Read Firefox searches described as missed smoking gun (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Jose Baez says ‘foolproof suffocation’ buried (Video)
· Casey Anthony Lifetime movie gets premiere date (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Judgment day, wacky lawsuit dismissed, illuminati (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Zenaida Gonzalez, sued for billions, civil trial (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Jose Baez, book deals, grandmother passed away (Video)
· Casey Anthony latest news: Celebrity boxing, left Florida, civil trial updates
· Nancy Grace on Casey Anthony: Victim’s advocate or legal expert?
· Prosecuting Casey Anthony movie star Rob Lowe appears as Drew Peterson tonight
· Casey Anthony verdict outrage continues on social media networks one year later
· Casey Anthony may testify in Zenaida Gonzalez civil trial
· Report: Attorneys for Casey Anthony want murder trial excluded from civil case
· Casey Anthony must reveal financial information in Zenaida Gonzalez case
· Woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation, Zenaida Gonzalez, arrested in Florida
· Casey Anthony off probation, but legal woes far from over