1. Would you rather be one of 250 striking union cabbies protesting at the entrance gates leading into the yard of the Yellow-Checker-Star Transportation facilities yesterday, or one of their 750 fellow drivers off somewhere else enjoying the most beautiful day of the new year with their families, on the lake, at Mount Charleston, at home on the couch, in a casino, etc…?
2. Would you rather be the Las Vegas Sands official spokesperson here in beautiful Vegas cautiously fudging answers about media reports that insinuate the company violated federal law that bans bribing foreign public officials, or Las Vegas Sands officials themselves stuck in traffic jams caused by snow and ice storms on the east coast.
3. Would you rather be seeing struggling mom and pop stores who can’t keep up with downtown redevelopment plans, like Freemont Family Market and Deli, quietly disappear to make way for the New Freemont Street, or Boyd Gaming absorb a $900 million fourth quarter loss for selling the Echelon site to a Malaysia based company.
4. Would you rather be cheering MGM resorts for partnering with a local builder to hopefully construct a new 20,000 seat arena downtown, or sell everything you have in hopes of winning Megabucks at a gas station slot machine somewhere in town?
5. Would you rather be Dave Rice and his UNLV Running Rebel basketball team anticipating “March Madness,” or would you rather be an assistance coach reminding Coach Rice and the rest of the team they still have to play the conference tournament before they can be even considered for the NCAA Championship tournament?