Shania Dennis, 26, a McDonald's restaurant employee in the East Liberty section of Pittsburgh, was charged on Jan. 29 with selling heroin along with the ever popular McDonald's children’s Happy Meals. Anyone wanting heroin with their Happy Meal, would simply state "I'd like to order a toy" when placing their order.
Authorities in Pittsburgh are crediting an informant with alerting them to Dennis’ activities and the heroin transactions at her McDonald's drive-thru window, according to MSN.
After buyers ordered their heroin Happy Meals by stating the coded phrase "I'd like to order a toy," they would simply drive up to the window, pay the money, and claim their Happy Meal plus heroin. Dennis was busted on Jan. 29 when authorities staged an undercover drug buy.
Swissvale Police Chief Greg Geppert said Dennis allegedly put $2 in the cash register and $80 into her bra during Wednesday's transaction. ~ WTAE
During the arrest, authorities “found 10 bags of heroin in a Happy Meal box and recovered another 50 bags from the suspect.”
The McDonald's employee denied any wrongdoing as she was being arrested by the undercover agents.
Police aren't certain just how long Dennis was selling heroin along with her Happy Meals.
For more on the story, see the video accompanying this article.
- Teacher’s aides watch special ed student beating and do nothing to stop it
- Mom and boyfriend charged with abuse after tattooing two young daughters
- Former NFL star defensive back Darren Sharper arrested on rape charges
- Autopsy results pending for Playboy model Cassandra Lynn, found dead at 34
- Photographer sued for topless photo shoot at Empire State Building observatory
To receive e-mail alerts to Richard's Domestic Crimes articles, Subscribe Here to Get Instant Updates.
E-mail alerts are free, private and secure, and you won't get any ink on your fingers.