Would you...could you...go Back to the Future?

Would you go back to the future?
Would you go back to the future?
Getty Images

Comments

• Alylonna 5 years ago

This made me cry. At first I thought that I would go back and I'd warn my younger self of the dangers of trying to please all the time. I'd have stopped myself from spending four years in an abusive relationship. But then I read your article and I slowly changed my mind. I realise now that I wouldn't change what I have been through. I have learned the value of life and love and laughter the hard way but it is all the more precious to me because of it and nobody will ever be able to take that away from me. It was a lesson too hard won to be shattered by the hate of others.

I relate to this on so many levels. I teared up and also smiled. You sound like a great person and thank you for this piece.

• Shana Gonzalez 5 years ago

Inspiring, I just had to comment as my road has been very similar I can relate as I am 32 and feel reborn because I survived the storm. Everything happens for a reason…….

I love the way you write and I keep EVERY SINGLE one of your twitter quotes because I think each of them are beyond amazing! You empower women every single day... please keep doing so because you've made us single gals feel like we're incredible. Thanks for creating posts to look forward to every day. Love, happily single Erika, 22.

• Profile picture of jcbettyb
    jcbettyb 5 years ago

BRAVO!!!!! An article everyone should read...man and woman. Makes me realize that all the bumps in my 40 years have meant something and to wear the scars proudly. Thank you for writing something so wonderful and true...jcbettyb

• Profile picture of Maria Legato
    Maria Legato 5 years ago

I loved it! First time and it words rang so true . The words were easy and flowing n touching. Makes me feel
    Proud to be me!:)

• Profile picture of Tina Norton
    Tina Norton 5 years ago

I loved this article. It gives me hope for us single ladies patiently waiting for someone who really is going to kindly destroy us only to build us better, stronger, w/ the capability to love a way we've never known. We wouldn't be able to appreciate that now if our younger selves knew what was coming... It's true that our experiences shape us.

Tx mandy,ur articles n nuggets on twitter always come into my life @ d rite time. God bless you.

• 'Yemisi Elehinte 5 years ago

you are a God sent, you are showing women across the world that all our trials,all the heartbreak, its universal and also it is all part of the journey that will one day lead us to our greatest most beautiful selves! That is encouring! Thank you Mandy!

you are a God sent, you are showing women across the world that all our trials,all the heartbreak, its universal and also it is all part of the journey that will one day lead us to our greatest most beautiful selves! That is encouring and COMFORTING! Thank you Mandy!

• Profile picture of Zoe Hiigli
    Zoe Hiigli 5 years ago

This touched me, it came ata time when I am doubting myself because of a guy that I thougt liked me but has since disappeared. I am hurt but this has reminded me that all the experiences we go thru mean something for the people we are meant to become. I'm going to cry once for the loss of this relationship that I thought I deserved and then I'll smile and look ahead because this is not the end of me but only the beginning. Thanks for your articles and tweeter quotes. You inspire me.

Beautifully written and i can relate very much went thru almost the same journey and would not change anything for I have learned why at 28yrs today am a dazzling diamond....

cant say anything..really sometime wanna go back.. and change everything..but its to late..and what i can say.. here I go..cant blame anybody.. here it is ..and it's a must to face it.. better or worse.. have to undergo it..(dekafitria, Solo, Indonesia)

• Sha 5 years ago

This touched my heart and made my day a bit brighter...I thank you.

• Sara Santiago (@opsantiago) 5 years ago

Mandy,

I found you on Twitter recently through a friend who is one of the strongest single women I know (@annachica) and I really enjoy your quotes every day. But I most love your blogs. They are inspiring and I love when a new one comes out to remind me not to hate my single life and just be myself b/c that's all that matters. I'm almost 23 and have been single over a year now, and the last year has been absolute hell on my emotions when it comes to dating/breaking-up/relationships. I'm at the point of giving up every day b/c I don't see the point anymore. But when I read your blogs I feel a little bit better and I remind myself that I'm still young and that my whole life is ahead of me. 31 seems very far away to me right now, but I know it'll come faster than I'll realize, or want it to lol, but I can't wait b/c you make it sound much more freeing than my early 20s. Daily reminders to be myself are hard to come up with, but your blog helps me. Thank you. =]

I'm pretty sure you just changed my life forever. Thank you!

This is just what I needed...thank you!

When I first read the article, I thought I would go back to my 21 year old self and warn her. However, you are right my experiences and who I am today, wouldn't make ME.

BTW, currently, I am going through a storm (in a not so healthy relationship), I do know that I should leave but do not have the courage. However, your quotes and articles make me stronger and think of ME. Thank you for sharing.

This is one of the most moving and inspiring things I've read in a long time. I am reall thinking about what I'd say to the me of yesterday... I feel my very own blog post coming on... i will be linking to this article. Great, Great, Read!!!

-Chasing Joy (www.chasingjoyrunningfromboredom.blogspot.com)

• Jerico 5 years ago

An absolutely amazing article! You have a gift of touching the spirit of good in people. Please continue.

WOW! I truely began to believe this was the cards life had dealt me. Two failed relationships, all ending due to selfishness, yet a wonderful child was gained. My self worth has been completely erased because blaming myself is the only thing I knew to do. I just turned 30 and thought these were supposed to be the best years of your life, not starting off too well I must add, but something is changing in me. As I read this piece I realized that I am in no way, shape, form or fashion taking full advantage of what my life has to offer, I am sitting on the sidelines, letting everything else pass me by. Thank you so much for a uplifting, positive, passionate, and true article, I loved it and am now reminded to grab life by the horns and embrace the beauty that it has in store for me and my child. Thank you!

inspiring and thought provoking article. thank you.

• ChickLitShorties 4 years ago

Very well said! And anyways, would the 21 yr old you really have listened? :)

• Chasing Joy 4 years ago

I finaly finishe my most recent blog post that was inspired by this article. Please check it out and see what I'd tell my past self. http://chasingjoyrunningfromboredom.blogspot.com/2010/09/talking-to-myse... I linked to this article and gave you a shout out on Twitter.

Thanks for inspiring me.