In my last article I created a Cliff Clavin-like primer on the community of Dublin, Ohio. A “what you should know in two minutes or less” list of facts that would win you a bet or two against any lifelong resident at the local bar.
So in today’s segment we turn our attention to Worthington, Ohio. Here are 10 questions and answers that could win you your next beer at the Worthington Inn:
- When was Worthington Ohio founded? 1803.
- How many companies call Worthington home? Approximately 1,200 small, regional and national companies.
- How many cars travel through Worthington each day? Nearly 100,000.
- When did Worthington’s “Council” form of government begin? The council-manager form of government began in 1956.
- Who is the top employer in the city? The Worthington School District.
- Bonus question: Who is the number 2 employer? Worthington Industries.
- What are Worthington’s two Zip Codes? 43085 and 43235
- What is the median income in Worthington? Just under $40,000
- What is the average price of a home in Worthington? Just under $175,000
- How big is Worthington? I love this question and saved it for last because there are two answers. The city is six square miles and has 14,000 residents. But the school district is actually 20 square miles with more the 56,000 residents.
There you have it. The next time Norm walks in the door you'll be ready.