Have you heard the latest scoop? A very tasty holiday is coming up and the world is ready to celebrate. Feb. 5 is World Nutella Day, an annual food holiday that celebrates the rich and creamy hazelnut-chocolate spread, Nutella.
World Nutella Day
Launched in 2007 by Nutella lovers, Sara Rosso and Michelle Fabio, World Nutella Day not only celebrates the delicious product but encourages other Nutella lovers from around the world to celebrate as well. But in 2013, lawyers for the Nutella manufacturer, Ferrero, issued a cease-and-desist order demanding Rosso stop publishing anything with the Nutella name. But no worries, Nutella fans. The decision was reversed and Russo's website and popular Facebook page were allowed to continue (the company also thanked Rosso for being a loyal and devoted fan.)
Folks have been enjoying the tasty treat since the 1940s. Made with more than 50 roasted hazelnuts per 13-ounce jar, skim milk and cocoa, Nutella has no artificial colors or preservatives.
If you're in the mood for a sweet treat to eat,why not whip up one or two of the decadent recipes listed below? You're family will be mighty glad you did!
Decadent Nutella Dishes, Desserts & Cocktails
- Nutella Sticky Buns - Run, don't walk, and grab this amazing recipe from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice.
- Nutella-in-the-Middle Pancakes - If you're tired of the same ho-hum pancakes recipe, check this one out!
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies - Fair warning. This recipe, from Chef-in-Training, looks divine!
- Easy No-Bake Nutella Pie - This simple-to-make recipe calls for Nutella, prepared graham cracker crust, cream cheese and frozen whipped topping. Yum.
- Itty Bitty Nutella Cakes - The Pioneer Woman hit this recipe out of the park!
- Nutella Mousse Trifle - You'll need chocolate instant pudding mix, Nutella, skim milk, Cool Whip and brownies for this trifle recipe.
- Nutella Smores Pizza Recipe - Yep - ' nuff said!
- Nutella Krispie Treats - If you love rice krispies, check out this recipe from The Pioneer Woman.
- Homemade Nutella - Why not give it a go and make your own?
- Nutella Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - If you're in the mood for a fabulous cocktail, look no further! This recipe, which calls for Bailey's Irish Cream, Hazelnut Liquor, half-and-half- and Nutella, looks amazing!
- Creamy Nutella Martini - This pretty cocktail calls for Nutella, Frangelico, Irish Cream Whiskey and graham cracker crumbs.
Enjoy! Feb. 5 is also National Weatherman's Day. And speaking of sweets...
- The Best Valentine’s Day sayings, quotes & poems for your sweetheart
- Famous Kisses: World's Most Memorable Smooches On and Off-Screen
- Free Valentine’s Day Cards for Kids
- Pretty in Pink Valentine’s Day Fudge – Easy & delicious 2 ingredients fudge recipe
- Printable Valentine’s Day cards for children
- Top 10 most romantic Valentine’s Day movies
- Valentine’s Day: Just -for-fun facts