The World Food Championships will feature 20 celebrated chefs as they show off their culinary craftsmanship at the Fremont Street Experience. in Las Vegas, Nevada, competing for a cash prize and a brand new $11000. Southern Pride commercial smoker on November 7-10, 2013.
This is a tournament-style format across seven food categories (BBQ, chili, burger, sandwich, recipe, dessert and bacon), where competitors battle for pride, an event prize purse of $300,000 and a shot at TV fame.
Being a four day event this culinary skills expo includes a mystery basket competition using a product from Creekstone Farms®, partner to the Chef’s Challenge, and other items intended to challenge the chefs’ creativity and recipe development skills. Eight local Las Vegas chefs were chosen to participate , while another eight chefs were chosen by the WFC from partner hotels and casinos to represent the Fremont Street Experience in Downtown Las Vegas. The remaining four chefs consist of a special invitation group that includes the 2012 World Chef Champion and runner up.
- Daniel Boling – Executive Chef at Torrey Pines in San Diego and 2012 World Chef Champion runner up
- Travis Brust – Executive Chef at the Williamsburg Inn and 2012 World Chef Champion
- Joe Parrino – Executive Chef at Andiamo Steakhouse at The D Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
- Mark Sherline – Director of Culinary Operations at the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino
- Michael Chen – Chef de Cuisine at Yellowtail Japanese Restaurant and Lounge
- Dustin Dechter – Executive Chef at Element by Westin Las Vegas
- Michael Edwards – Enlisted Aide to VADM David Buss, Commander of Naval Air Forces
- Adam Kaswiner – Private Chef and owner of ChefKas, a boutique chef services company
- Paul Maloney – 16 years of honorable service in the US Navy and Personal Chef
- David Middleton - Executive Chef at Marche Bacchus
- Daniel Ontiveros – Chef at Comme Ca Restaurant Las Vegas
- Beni Velasquez – Executive Chef at Bar + Bistro
The public can watch as the 20 chefs go through three rounds of competitions that will challenge skills, recipe development and overall culinary craftsmanship. One winner from each day of competitions will go on to compete on Championship Sunday, Nov. 10, for the $5000 first place prize and a Southern Pride commercial smoker.
Fun place, The Fremont Experience, downtown Las Vegas if you have the time to stop by and enjoy!