A report appearing on ITN News on Jan. 17, 2013 is surely the chocolate lovers dream. In Shanghai, China models wearing clothing constructed of chocolate--that's right, the good, old brown sweet stuff--made their way down the catwalk. And while it might be the chocolate connoisseur's dream come true, for the models, walking in clothes made of chocolate was no picnic.
To watch a video and see some of the sweet fashions, click on this video link.
Yu Mengxian expressed concern about moving in the fashions, which bordered on costumes befitting a new installment of the tales of Willy Wonka and his chocolate factory. The women in the show wore head dresses, flowers, and other decorative elements made from literally hard candy shells.
Clothing designer, Tina Fu said that it was tricky making clothing from chocolate, because the construction of the fashions required her to adhere chocolate to the materials.
The chocolate fashion show provided a yummy beginning to the World Chocolate Wonderland, a festival of sorts featuring a diversity of chocolate designs from cars to skeletons made from the sweet concoction.
Sources: ITN, Reuters
Read more articles and recipes about chocolate by clicking on the links below.
- Winter dessert recipes: Chocolate Tiramisu cake, truffles, mousse and more!
- Delicious chocolate desserts: Cereal snack bars with chocolate chips
- Florentine cookie recipe with milk chocolate
- Easy chocolate mousse pie recipe with Kahlúa
- Christmas chocolate candy recipes: Top 10 recipes for your holiday gift baskets
- 5 best chocolate recipes from the web