If you are a parent, chances are pretty good you are just plain tuckered out! Between the job, the kids, aging parents, housework and that never ending to-do list, there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done! Whether you "work" inside or outside of the home, there is a special day in September that honors and celebrates the millions of hard working parents across America.
Working Parents Day
It's Working Parents Day, an annual "holiday" observed each year on September 16. While the origins are unknown, chances are pretty good an overworked, underpaid and overwhelmed parent probably came up with the idea!
Back in the day, most husbands went to the office while women worked from the home, caring for the children, taking care of the house and the spouse. But times have changed. Today, many moms and dads have at least one job outside the home in order to provide for their families. Between the kids, career and countless other obligations, many parents have become expert jugglers! And finding that perfect balance is not easy.
In honor of Working Parents Day, take some much needed and deserved time for YOU!
How to Celebrate Working Parents Day
- Sleep in!
- If you can swing it, take a vacation day and skip the office!
- Road trip!
- No housework - If you can afford it, why not hire someone to clean the house for you?
- No cooking - Today is the perfect time to treat yourself to a nice, romantic dinner with your significant other! And if you are single, invite your BFFs out for a girls' night out!
- Spa Day - It's time for a mani/pedi and/or relaxing massage, don't you think? If that isn't in the cards, grab a glass of your favorite bubbly and enjoy a nice, long bubble bath instead.
- Movie Night - Make it movie night with or without the kids!