Having a baby is a joyous occasion, but you may be wondering how you can continue your work from home. Here are a few tips to help you balance being a new parent with work.
- After baby has somewhat of an established sleeping pattern, schedule blocks of time for work.
- If possible, cut back your work hours for a few months. This will allow you more time for baby, and yourself.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. Talk to family and friends about helping you with the house or baby.
- Consider baby wearing. Using a sling or other type of carrier will allow you to keep baby close while being hands free.
- Remember to take it easy. You are not a super hero, and no one expects you to be. Relax and enjoy your new addition. Having a new addition to the family is stressful enough, don't make it more so by over-working yourself.