The second money-saving tip in the weekly series, auto insurance. Working from home may often require you to leave the house, for example, running a home business requires you to meet with customers. Since your business may depend on your vehicle, it’s a top priority to keep and maintain that vehicle.
California requires auto insurance for all registered vehicles. Auto insurance can get quite costly, especially so for someone just starting out working from home. The good news, there’s ways to save. Start by shopping around, and obtaining multiple quotes. Look at the following common discounts, and ask insurance companies about every one that pertains to your situation.
- Multi vehicle
- Multi policy (such as home/renters insurance)
- Good driver
- Vehicles that have anti-theft devices
Another good way to save, look for a company that will allow you to customize your policy, such as lowering the annual mileage on a car that you do not drive often. Look into different deductibles, but ensure you can afford the deductible and payments. Ask about getting liability only if you have an older vehicle that’s paid off. Keep in mind if you plan on allowing others not living with you to drive your vehicle, you may want to consider going with a company that automatically covers any licensed driver.
a few local insurance agencies, keep in mind there’s plenty more:
- Fresno Car Insurance on Calculate Me, a website providing insurance quotes, and a list of local brokers.
- ThomCo Associates Insurance Services: 4333 NW Ave Fresno (559) 225-2818
- Steve Bezzerides State Farm Phone: (559) 222-5278 Fax: (559) 222-9423 Mobile: (559) 269-9964Street Address: 4270 N Blackstone Suite 201 Fresno, CA 93726
- Fiesta Auto Insurance: 1574 North Blackstone Avenue #108 Fresno (559) 234-2300
- Central Auto Insurance: 3668 West Shaw Avenue Fresno (559) 275-9911
Photo courtesy of Naypong