Westat has immediate openings for telephone data collectors for a social science research project.
Westat, demonstrating technical and managerial excellence since 1963, is recognized as one of the foremost research and statistical survey organizations in the United States. They provide services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. In addition, Westat has extensive skills and experience in custom research, program evaluation studies, and communications campaign development across a broad range of subject areas as well as technical expertise in survey and analytical methods, computer systems technology, biomedical science, and clinical trials.
About the position
The data collector positions are home-based. The primary activity of the position is asking questions on a variety of subjects, such as education, the environment, health and transportation. All telephone data collectors much have a clear speaking voice.
Candidates must be able to work 15- 40 hours per week during the following times:
• Monday – Friday 6PM to 10PM, Eastern time;
• Saturday 10AM to 6PM, Eastern time; and
• Sunday 2PM to 10PM, Eastern time.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a background screening based on the specific position which will include, at a minimum, criminal records history.
• Must be 18 or older
• Must provide a voice sample
• Must have reliable Windows-based computer and printer (Apple/Mac not compatible)
• Must have subscription to a dependable, high speed Internet service provider,
• Have a web camera with video and audio functionality and ability to obtain a Skype account,
• Ability to be on the Internet (cable or DSL) and on a landline (corded) telephone at the same time
• Must have strong computer skills
• Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week - primarily evening and/or weekend hours.