You might wonder how is it wonderful? We are entering into forty days of sacrificing. We are entering into a time when we reflect on Christ's death.
That is what makes it wonderful! He died for us so we could have life! Our sacrifices honor him...glorify him.
Are you wondering how to enjoy this season of lent? Still wondering what to do, give up, or sacrifice?
Here are 10 suggestions to get you started onto a glorious Lenten Journey:
1. Do a Daniel Fast.
2. Read instead of watching TV.
3. Offer up one of your meals each day for (you fill in the blank).
4. Become more childlike with your faith. For example color in a religious coloring book each day and really reflect on the scene you are coloring. Or choose children religious books to get you back to the simplicity of your faith.
5. Pray the rosary (or at-least a decade) each day.
6. Pray the Divine Mercy chaplet each day. Learn more about its history, how it came about!
7. Learn about a saint each day.
8. Only check Facebook, email, twitter or any social media form only once a day.
9. Do a random act of kindness each day.
10. Abstain from all shopping outside of grocery needs.
Instead of viewing sacrifice with struggle and sorrow experience the transforming power and celebrate in your sacrifice.
Celebrate the chance to grow in your relationship with God.
Let Him transform you this Lenten season!