The Women Divers Hall of Fame™ (WDHOF) an international, non-profit, professional honor society has announced that six new additions to the group will be made in 2014. The WDHOF membership spans a wide variety of fields including: The Arts, Science, Medicine, Exploration & Technology, Marine Archeology, Business, Media, Training & Education, Safety, Commercial & Military Diving, Free Diving, and Underwater Sports.
The Women Divers Hall of Fame Class of 2014 includes:
• Barbara Allen: Pioneer, Instructor, Ocean Advocate
• Kristine Barsky: Marine Biologist, Environmentalist, Author, Videographer
• Emma L. Hickerson: Marine Researcher, Science Interpreter, Photographer, Conservationist, Unit Diving Supervisor
• Jayne Jenkins: Photographer, Educational Non-Profit Leader, Conservationist, Safety Diver
• Deidre Sullivan: Marine Geologist, Educator, Submersible Diver
• Tamara Thomsen: Maritime Archaeologist, Shipwreck Conservationist, Instructor
These extraordinary women will be officially inducted into WDHOF on March 29, 2014 at the Beneath the Sea (BTS) Awards Banquet in Secaucus, New Jersey (www.BeneathTheSea.org).
WDHOF, a 501(c)(3) corporation, was founded in 2000. WDHOF’s mission is to recognize the contributions of outstanding women divers and to offer financial assistance and mentorship to women and men interested in pursuing diving careers. As such, WDHOF offers 13 scholarships and training grants a year. For more information about or to contribute to the WDHOF scholarship program, log on to www.wdhof.org/scholarships.