1. Life
  2. Pets
  3. General Pets

Woman, teen boys accused of beating baby alpaca to death

A 22 year old Butler County mother and two teen boys are facing charges after they allegedly beat an alpaca to death.

More Photos

Sheriff deputies say Stacie Mullins and the two 17 year old boys attacked the animal at a Madison Township farm, about a half hour to the northwest of Cincinnati,  on February 5th.

The alpaca, which was only three months old and was named "Masterpiece" by his owner, Rebecca Hardin, was hit over the head by some kind of blunt object. Prosecutors say when the teen boys realized the animal had not died, they dragged it from the fenced-in area where it was grazing, put it in a vehicle, and drove to an abandoned barn where they beat it some more, until it died.

Mullins is charged with complicity for allegedly driving the teens to the farm. She will appear in Middletown Municipal Court on March 3rd. Mullins told Local 12 WKRC-TV that the teens are friends of her brother, and that she has received death threats since being named as a suspect.

The teens face more serious charges of breaking and entering, cruelty to animals, and tampering with evidence. But the most serious of those charges carries only a maximum sentence of 90 days in jail.  Alpacas are considering livestock, and more serious felony charges for animal cruelty are reserved for cases involving house pets.

Alpacas are cousins to camels and llamas. They are native to the high Andes Mountain countries of Peru, Chile, and Bolivia but are often raised on farms here in the United States and are valued for their fleece, which hypo-allergenic. They are considered to be gentle and easy to train.

Comments

• FW ARA 4 years ago

Kill these people. They are worthless pieces a crap.

• David 4 years ago

She's a mother!? Wow. The mind boggles. "Here, honey, he's some videos of a cute little animal me and my friends stomped to death..."

• Tammie 4 years ago

Anyone who can do this to a defensless animal is very disturbed and has no value for life, not just animal life, but what about human life? The penalties for animal cruelty needs to be more severe. If they can do this to animals, what else are they capable of? They absolutely need to serve time!

• Sandy 4 years ago

If those ungrateful boys and women can do this to a baby animal they will do it to humans also, something needs done about this and 90 days is nothing and shows those boys they can get away with anything they do with no punishment....a life is a life domestic animal or farm animal that law is stupid and needs revisited....just unbelieveable....I hope thier community takes action againt those families....!

• Penny Tacoma Dogs Examiner 4 years ago

I am floored by what people do to animals - it's sickening. I hope that their community lets them know just how horrible their actions were.....

• disgusted 4 years ago

Seriously, what is up with that woman? Great she's going to raise children, likely they will end up just like her brother's friends that helped her kill that poor thing. Doesn't matter what it is, violence to an animal has been proven to be easily transfered over to humans/small children. Spay the woman, neuter the boys so they don't breed...society does not need anymore individuals like that.

• tlbwillowtan 4 years ago

In 2007 I came home and found a FIVE day old cria dead in my pasture. Her head had been cut off and was missing. To date, no one has been caught, punished, or convicted. There are leads, but they are "third party" and the law can't follow up. My heart goes out to the owners of Masterpiece. The entire alpaca community was so helpful and supportive when I lost my alpaca..these people need to be tried as adults and punished to the max for their crime.

• Lynn 4 years ago

these people are sick! It hurts my heart knowing what they did to this baby animal. They need to serve years not days, and for the girl she doesnt deserve to be a mother. What they did was SICK ugh

• Kate 4 years ago

well that's not a punishment @ all! should be more like 90 months instead of 90 days!!! this is just the beginning of them going onto other killings. it shouldn't matter that the animal is considered as livestock --- it wasn't theirs & they had absolutely no right in doing what they did. totally wacked...

• Barbie 4 years ago

I would give everything I have in this world to have just five minutes alone in a room with these sick individuals. The judge is going to let these losers out with 'probation', they're going to get a suspended sentence, and in a few years (or less) we are going to hear about police finding human heads and severed body parts in their basements. If they want to keep another Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer off the street, they should lock these psychos up for life. I'm absolutely sickened by this and I want to beat the living crap out of all three of them. Plus, if the judge has any brain in his/her head they would be wise to take that skank's kid away from her.

• Bean 4 years ago

@tlbwillowtan
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    I love these creatures and reading this news tore my heart out. I simply can't believe there are people out there like this.

• Wolf 4 years ago

This woman is the epitome of worthless trash and deserves to spend her life in a brothel in Serbia.

• Lisa G 4 years ago

What a waste of human skin!!! These people should spend the rest of their lives being test dummies in the quality checks for tazers! SICK! SICK! SICK! 90 days??? THAT IS A JOKE!!!!

• Alpaca Lord 4 years ago

Terrible...Just terrible. If it were a kitty, everyone would be upset. But animals who are bigger and more expensive like cows and horses aren't good enough...Shocking. These people should be removed from the gene pool permanently. I heard the kids will be tried as adults and that is the least we should do.

• Wow 4 years ago