Skip to main content

See also:

Woman's stomach explodes after food binge, gas sets operating room on fire

A 58-year-old woman in China actually made her stomach explode when she ate way too much food. According to a video report by GeoBeats, the woman had severe abdominal pain after she binge ate and she was rushed to a nearby hospital. Come to find out, she was way past the "unbutton your pants" stage.

The woman ate large amounts of food and drank alcohol before her stomach actually ruptured. She needed to have emergency surgery to replace her stomach. According to the report, the woman released gas during the procedure and actually caught the operating room on fire. Apparently the alcohol in the woman's system ignited the doctor's surgical knife. Can you even believe this?

As for what caused this binge, it is believed that she was out celebrating Chinese New Year. But instead of getting full and leaving food on her plate, the woman just kept eating and drinking!

The report didn't clarify whether or not the woman was okay following the crazy incident of her stomach explosion and the subsequent operating room fire but that doesn't make this story any less crazy. Check out the video above for more.

© Effie Orfanides 2014