Wolf Pack spring training report: March 8
A quick look at the performances of former Nevada Wolf Pack and northern Nevada high school baseball players in major league spring training games on Friday . . .
- CHRIS DICKERSON, Baltimore Orioles: Dickerson started in right field in the Orioles' 6-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates. He went 1-for-3 with a single and also stole his first base of the spring. He is now hitting .385 this spring.
- CHRIS GIMENEZ, Tampa Bay: Gimenez continued his standout spring with two singles and a run scored in three at-bats. Gimenez, who started at catcher in the Rays' 3-2 win over the Philadelphia Phillies, is now hitting .526 this spring.
- KEVIN KOUZMANOFF, Miami Marlins: Kouzmanoff was 1-for-1 (single) entering the game at first base in the late innings for starter Casey Kotchman. Kouzmanoff is now hitting .400 this spring.
- LYLE OVERBAY, Boston Red Sox: Overbay started at designated hitter and was 0-for-2 with a walk. He walked in the seventh inning and was replaced by Mauro Gomez in a 2-0 loss to the Minnesota Twins. Overbay is hitting .158 this spring.
- JAKE McGEE, Tampa Bay Rays: McGee, a Reed High graduate, pitched a scoreless eighth innings in a 3-2 win over the Phillies. McGee, who has an 8.10 ERA this spring, allowed just one hit and faced just four batters.
- STEVE LERUD, Philadelphia Phillies: Lerud came in late for starter Carlos Ruiz in the Phils' 3-2 loss to Tampa and was 0--for-1. The Galena High graduate is hitting .167 this spring.