Wolf Pack spring training report: March 15 (Photos)
A quick look at the performances of former Nevada Wolf Pack and northern Nevada high school baseball players in major league spring training games on Friday . . .
- CHRIS DICKERSON, Baltimore Orioles: Dickerson was 0-for-3 in a 3-3 tie with the Boston Red Sox. He played right field and is now hitting .261 this spring.
- KEVIN KOUZMANOFF, Miami Marlins: Kouzmanoff was 1-for-3 and scored a run in a 7-3 loss to the New York Yankees. Kouzmanoff, who played first base, walked and hit into a double play and is now hitting .391 this spring.
- CHRIS GIMENEZ, Tampa Bay Rays: Gimenez, hitting .407 this spring, was 0-for-1 in a 3-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies. He played first base and also caught in the game.
- KONRAD SCHMIDT, Texas Rangers: Schmidt flied out to right field as a pinch hitter in the ninth inning of a 5-2 loss to the San Francisco Giants. Schmidt is hitting .273 this spring.
- LYLE OVERBAY, Boston Red Sox: Overbay was 0-for-1 with a strikeout in a 5-0 win over the Minnesota Twins. He played first base and is now hitting .231.
- CORKY MILLER, Cincinnati Reds: Miller was 0-for-2 to lower his spring average to .091. He caught in the 5-1 loss to the Colorado Rockies.
- BRETT HAYES, Kansas City Royals: Hayes was 0-for-3, made two errors and allowed two stolen bases in the Royals' 8-1 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers. He was also involved in a double play started by Royals pitcher Brian Sanches and is now hitting .250 this spring.
- SCOTT COUSINS, Los Angeles Angels: Cousins, a North Valleys graduate, was 0-2 in an 8-5 loss to the Seattle Mariners. Cousins entered the game as a pinch runner and also played left field and right field in the game and is now hitting .200.