A quick look at the performances of former Nevada Wolf Pack and northern Nevada high school players in major league spring training games on Monday . . .
- KEVIN KOUZMANOFF, Miami Marlins: Kouzmanoff lifted his spring average to .375 with a 2-for-2 performance in an 8-7 win over the Boston Red Sox. Kouzmanoff, who played third base, also drove in three runs and now has six RBI this spring. He doubled off Rubby De la Rosa.
- CHRIS DICKERSON, Baltimore Orioles: Dickerson played center field and struck out in his only at-bat in a 4-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Dickerson is now hitting 294 this spring.
- KONRAD SCHMIDT, Texas Rangers: Schmidt caught two innings in the Rangers' 2-1 loss to the San Francisco Giants and struck out in his only at-bat. He is hitting .300 this spring.
- CHRIS GIMENEZ, Tampa Bay Rays: Gimenez played first base and was 0-for-2 with two strikeouts in a 6-4 loss to the Minnesota Twins. Gimenez, though, is still hitting .458 this spring.
- JAKE McGEE, Tampa Bay Rays: McGee, a Reed High graduate, pitched a shutout inning (the eighth) in the Rays' 6-4 loss to Minnesota. He didn't allow a baserunner and struck out one to lower his spring ERA to 6.23.
- SCOTT COUSINS, Los Angeles Angels: Cousins played left field and did not get an at-bats in the Angels' 0-0 tie with the Cleveland Indians.