- CHRIS DICKERSON, Baltimore Orioles: Dickerson walked twice and scored the Orioles only run in a 7-1 loss to the Minnesota Twins. Dickerson pinch-hit for Trayvon Robinson and walked and stayed in the game to play center field.
- LYLE OVERBAY, Boston Red Sox: Overbay started at first base and went 0-for-2 but he walked twice, drove in two runs and scored a run in a 16-6 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- BRETT HAYES, Kansas City Royals: The catcher was 0-for-2 in a 5-4 win over the San Diego Padres. He pinch-hit for George Kottaras in the seventh inning and struck out and stayed in the game at designated hitter.
- CHRIS GIMENEZ, Tampa Bay Rays: Gimenez was 0-for-1 as a pinch-hitter for Ben Zobrist and flied out in an 11-2 loss to the Detroit Tigers.
- CORKY MILLER, Cincinnati Reds: Miller started at catcher and went 0-for-1 with a walk in the Reds' 6-5 loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- KONRAD SCHMIDT, Texas Rangers: Schmidt was 1-for-2 as a replacement for starter A.J. Pierzynski in the Rangers' 10-0 win over the Cleveland Indians.
A quick look at the performances of northern Nevada high school graduates in spring training games on Thursday . . .
- JAKE McGEE, Tampa Bay Rays: McGee allowed three hits and four runs (three earned) in one-third of an inning. McGee, a Reed High graduate, struck out one and faced five hitters in a five-run ninth inning in an 11-2 loss to the Detroit Tigers.