Stefphon Jefferson and Chris Barker of the Nevada Wolf Pack football team failed to impress at this weekend's NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Barker, who started at guard for the Wolf Pack the past four seasons, worked out with the other offensive linemen on Saturday.
His best showing was in the bench press when he finished 11th with 29 repetitions. In all other events Barker did not finish in the top 20.
Chris Barker's Combine results . . .
- 40-yard dash: 5.25 (25th)
- Bench press: 29 reps (11th)
- Vertical leap: 27.5 inches (22nd)
- Broad jump: 99 inches: 28th
- 3-come drill: 8.09 (38th)
- 20-yard shuttle: 4.77 (25th)
- Offensive linemen are not tested in the 60-yard shuttle.
Barker was measured at 6-foot-3, 305 pounds. He was listed at 6-4, 305 pounds by the Wolf Pack last season.
Jefferson chose to leave Nevada after his junior season in 2012 when he finished second in the nation in rushing with 1,883 yards.
Stefphon Jefferson's Combine results . . .
- 40-yard dash: 4.68 (20th)
- Bench press: 15 reps (28th)
- Vertical leap: 31 inches (26th)
- Broad jump: 117 inches (22nd)
- 3-cone drill: 6.97 (12th)
- 20-yard shuttle: 4.44 (20th)
- 60-yard shuttle: 11.8 (9th out of 16).
By comparison, here are Wolf Pack running back Vai Taua's test results at the 2011 Combine . . .
- 40-yard dash: 4.71
- Bench press: 20 reps
- Vertical leap: 34.5 inches
- Broad jump: 112 inches
- 3-cone drill: 6.89
- 20-yard shuttle: 4.18
- 60-yard shuttle: 11.57
Jefferson was measured at 5-10, 213 pounds. He was listed at 5-11, 210 by the Wolf Pack last season.
Wolf Pack defensive backs Duke Williams and Khalid Wooten will be tested on Tuesday.