WJTC-TV had planned on broadcasting all of the Alabama High School Football Athletic Association's "Super 6" championship high-school football games scheduled to take place at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, on Thursday, December 5th, and Friday, December 6th.
Here is a list of the teams scheduled to play along with the time periods for when their games would take place (the station would broadcast the games live):
Thursday, December 5th:
- 11:00 a.m - 2:00 p.m.: The Wave of Leeds High School in Leeds, Alabama, and the Mustangs of Madison Academy in Madison, Alabama.
- 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m: The Red Devils of Maplesville High School in Mapleville, Alabama, and the Tornadoes of Pickens County High School in Reform, Alabama.
- 7:00pm - 10:00 p.m.: The Toros of Spanish Fort High School in Spanish Fort, Alabama, and the Trojans of Muscle Shoals High School in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
Friday, December 6th
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: The Trojans of Charles Henderson High School in Troy, Alabama, and the Redskins of Oneonta High School in Oneonta, Alabama.
- 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: The Bulldogs of Washington County High School in Chatom, Alabama, and the Rattlers of Tanner High School in Tanner, Alabama.
- 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.: The Buccaneers of Hoover High School in Hoover, Alabama, and the Tigers of Auburn High School in Auburn, Alabama.
All Examiner.com articles about television and radio in Mobile, Alabama by the author are available in the Mobile TV Examiner section and the Mobile Radio Examiner section respectively. To learn about the most recent articles about TV and radio in Mobile, you may add distribution feeds for those sections to your Internet browsers (link for TV article feed and link for radio article feed) or subscribe to Examiner alerts for your electronic mailbox (link for TV article alerts and link for radio article alerts).