Extra Life is a gaming event that raises funds for Children's Miracle Network hospitals. Thousands of children are treated each year in these hospitals, regardless of their families' abilities to pay. These kids face much scarier threats than dragons and beholders.
The Dungeon Master, Greg Bilsland, will run a rotating group of players through Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle for 25 hours using the D&D Next playtest rules set. Donors can contribute to different team-members to grant them benefits before and during the game, such as potions of healing, dice rerolls, magic items, and even extra levels.
The game begins at 8 AM on November 2 and will be livestreamed on the D&D Twitch TV channel. The players are as follows:
- 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.: Molly Lewis, Mike Selinker, Tally Heilke, Jeremy Petter, Rodney Thompson
- 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.: Mike Mearls, Stephen Toulouse, Chris Dupuis, Jeremy Petter, Rodney Thompson
- 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.: Erin Evans, Stephen Toulouse, Trevor Kidd, Mike Fehlauer, Rodney Thompson
- 8 p.m. - 12 a.m.: Meris Mullaley, Derek Guder, Trevor Kidd, Thomas Ourada, Rodney Thompson
- 12 a.m. - 4 a.m.: James Wyatt, Derek Guder, Joe Louie, Thomas Ourada, Rodney Thompson
- 4 a.m. - 8 a.m.: James Wyatt, Ben Petrisor, Joe Louie, Daniel Helmick, Rodney Thompson
Greg Bisland and Rodney Thompson, who are both playing the entire time, will have a long road ahead of them. To contribute, see the team's Extra Life page.
Want more? Subscribe to this column; follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar. Become an Examiner and get paid to write today!