Everyone needs a good pick-me-up, even if you're a witch! Who says a pick-me-up is strictly bound to caffeine-based energy? Every witch loves a potion, and this one is bound to bring you a daily dose cleansing, energy, wealth, beauty, abundance, luck, happiness, higher conscious, and good health pick-me-up, in addition to the regular boost of mundane coffee!
When making potions, or performing any kind of kitchen witchery, remember to always stir in the proper directions, deosil to increase and widdershins to decrease. A wooden kitchen spoon replaces your wand and the knife is your athame; kitchen magic is a very powerful and discreet form of magick, lending itself to wives who want to practice in the most open form but remain in secret. Potions are excellent ways to introduce an instant dose of energies to your life, so experiment today!
Witches Brew Coffee, Yield: 8 cups
- 8 cups of Fresh Cold Water
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract, high quality or homemade, not imitation
- 4 heaping tablespoons of your favorite Ground Coffee, fresh ground is best
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
Stir the vanilla extract and the water and pour into your coffee maker's reservoir. Combine the coffee and spices and brew the coffee as usual! To the freshly made coffee, add fresh cream or milk and sugar to taste.
- Water: Healing, cleansing, Goddess, intuition
- Cinnamon: Protection, abundance, prosperity, good health
- Nutmeg: Good luck, happiness, happy home
- Cream: Wealth, abundance, higher consciousness, beauty
Love potions? Need more recipes to add to your kitchen grimoire? Subscribe to my column, Follow me on Twitter, or Like me on Facebook for free updates to new articles, recipes, and more! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Brewing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.