On Saturday, August 16 at 3 p.m., Wish You Were Beer (7407 US Highway 72, Suite G, Madison) will celebrate their first anniversary by tapping a fantastic selection of tasty and hard to find Alabama brews.
It may be difficult for the owners of Wish You Were Beer (WYWB) to believe it has been a year since they first opened their doors in Madison, but time certainly flies when you are perfecting the retail experience for craft beer lovers in North Alabama. As the first dedicated craft beer shop in the Madison/Huntsville-area, they quickly won over the public with their amazing selection and incredible attention to customer service. Whether you are looking for your favorite six-pack, the latest popular release, a growler fill, homebrew supplies for your next creation or just simply a pint to enjoy at the bar, WYWB has created that one stop shop to satisfy any craft beer need you may have. That first year may have gone by quickly, but it has been a hell of a good year for everyone involved.
To celebrate their first year, the folks at WYWB will be revisiting their grand opening festivities by tapping nothing but great, Alabama-made craft beer. Quite a few may be rare or limited, but all twenty of these offerings are guaranteed to be delicious examples of the quality of beer being made in the state today. The full tap list is still being finalized, but here are the offerings that have been confirmed so far:
- Belgian Red Rye from Black Warrior Brewing Company
- Bourbon Vanilla Double Wrong Rye from The Brew Stooges
- Charred Oak Barrel-aged Barleywine from Blue Pants Brewery
- Peach Saison from Avondale Brewing Company
- Rye Saison from Back Forty Beer Co.
- Snake Handler Double IPA from Good People Brewing Company
- Terrestri-Ale Tripel from Rocket Republic Brewing Company
- Tobacco Road - 2013 Vintage from Yellowhammer Brewing
- Velvet Evil Old Ale from Straight to Ale
- WTF Imperial IPA from Salty Nut Brewery
In addition to all of that awesome beer, the party will also feature tasty eats from Anaheim Chili and various schwag giveaways from WYWB and local breweries. The event is free to attend with the food and beers available for purchase.
If you are free on Saturday, set aside some time to swing by Wish You Were Beer to celebrate this first anniversary milestone by raising a glass with their staff and patrons. For updates on the anniversary party tap list, make sure to keep an eye on the WYWB Facebook page or check back here. Prost!