Succinct words empower insights and reflection. When an outstanding quote leaps at human intellect and emotion, its words help readers rediscover the living pathways beneath their feet. When wise words are offered by an admired or authoritative voice, whether by a beloved musician or poet, a famed scientist or politician, or any voice deepened by history and achievement, a fresh coherence empowers both language and thought.
Humans learn, discover, and pass on their insights. There are levels of transcendent revelation, but wise thoughts always hold renewal’s living promise and the capacity to enlarge knowledge and action. William Carlos Williams, in writing on poets and poetry, indicated poets write purposefully, seeking to give witness to splendor. Just as a beautiful rose, touched with drops of dews, offers eloquent witness to beauty, poetry and sharp quotes are crafted forms designed to ripple forth, to serve as springboards to further ideas and responses. Wisdom holds knowledge grafted to strength.
Here are a dozen quotes designed to springboard fresh learning and insights, to reveal more about the human purpose, connections, and life:
- “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find resources of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” -- Rachel Carson.
- “Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world.” -- Nobel Prize Activist, Nelson Mandela.
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” -- Writer, Anais Nin.
- “I am no longer afraid of becoming lost because the journey back always reveals something new.” -- Singer, Billy Joel.
- “Knowledge is the ultimate weapon. It always has been.” – Writer, Jim Butcher.
- “We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language. That may be the measure of our lives.” – Nobel Prize Writer, Toni Morrison.
- “Forever is composed of nows.” – Poet, Emily Dickinson.
- “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” -- Psychologist, C.J. Jung.
- “All we love deeply becomes a part of us.” -- Helen Keller.
- “Love the questions, themselves.” – Poet, Rainer Maria Rilke.
- “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” – Philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche.
- “You have to give people something to dream on.” -- Musician, Jimi Hendrix. http://www.jimihendrix.com/us/jimi
Photographer Robert Adams emphasized the abilities of crafted form, art’s innate ability to enhance ideas. He indicated in his book, Beauty in Photography, “Successful art rediscovers.” Through enhanced connections, the crafted union of words and imagery builds insights. Explore that union in the theme-supported slideshow of photographic images and quotations that accompany this article as well as on the Pinterest board, “Whispered Words of Wisdom.”
A human responsibility
Wisdom is built on knowledge of the human condition. On that complex foundation, wisdom builds the capacity to light the human journey. Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard P. Feynman saw that function as a responsibility, stating “Our responsibility is to do what we can, learn what we can, improve the solutions, and pass them on.” Strong voices, throughout time, seek to empower the growth of learning, the sharpening of insights, and capacities of new life, fresh knowledge, and lasting joys.
Find the take in this article to be helpful? National and Local Education as well as National and International Travel materials come from a husband and wife creative team, who travel extensively as photonaturalists and writers. One is an experienced scientist with a doctorate in Material Sciences and background in pharmaceutical and optics research. The other is former Vice President of GKE (Global Knowledge Exchange), who served as a US Web-based Education Commissioner during the Clinton administration, and was a former US National Tech&Learning Teacher of the Year.
To keep current on similar articles, view the suggested links below and click the free, subscribe link at the top of this article.