Badger State runners and fitness enthusiasts pick from a big bunch of fun runs, races, indoor triathlons, and even a couple of snowshoe events for the first weekend of March.
Check out this lineup of races and running events for Saturday, March 1, through Sunday, March 2.
For easy reference, these Wisconsin running events are listed alphabetically – by date.
- March 1 – Saturday – Ice Bowl Winter Ultra – Dyckesville, Wisconsin.
- March 1 – Saturday – Klondike Days Snowshoe Challenge – Eagle River, Wisconsin.
- March 1 – Saturday – Lake Wissota Loppet – 10K Snowshoe Race – Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. *** CANCELED ***
- March 1 – Saturday – Mt. Ashwabay WinterDASH – Bayfield, Wisconsin.
- March 1 – Saturday – Point Bock Run – Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
- March 1 – Saturday – Whitewater Aquatic and Fitness Center Indoor Triathlon – Whitewater, Wisconsin.
- March 1 – Saturday – YMCA Indoor Triathlon – Appleton, Wisconsin.
- March 2 – Sunday – Run on Water 5M – Run, Walk, Bike, Snowshoe or Skate – Bayfield, Wisconsin.
- March 2 – Sunday – Tri Faster Tri Play – Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Across the border to the south, the Manhattan Irish Fest Parade 5K goes off on March 1, in Manhattan, Illinois.
As always, race dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes, particularly with frequent midwinter Midwestern weather surprises. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. Participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Are you hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.