Running events across Wisconsin heat up the midwinter weekend, with Valentine’s races, snowshoe runs, indoor triathlons, and many more fitness highlights.
Take a peek at this lineup of races and running events – both indoors and out – for Saturday, February 15, through Sunday, February 16.
These Wisconsin running events are listed alphabetically – by date.
- February 15 – Saturday – Cupid’s 5K Run / Walk – Racine, Wisconsin
- February 15 – Saturday – FDL Running Club Annual Meeting Run – Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- February 15 – Saturday – Freezin’ for a Reason 5K – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- February 15 – Saturday – Frosty 5K / 1 Mile Dog Jog and Walk / Snowshoe Scurry on the Square at Madison Winter Festival – Madison, Wisconsin
- February 15 – Saturday – Oshkosh YMCA Indoor Sprint Triathlon – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- February 15 – Saturday – Prospect Lions Snowshoe Roar – New Berlin, Wisconsin
- February 15 – Saturday – Steve Cullen Healthy Heart Club Run and Walk – Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- February 16 – Sunday – The Big Chill Run – Race #5 in GLM Winter Series – Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- February 16 – Sunday – Fatass Chilly Cupid 50K – Campbellsport, Wisconsin
- February 16 – Sunday - Scotch Creek Woodland Waddle 5K Snowshoe Race – Edgar, Wisconsin
- February 16 – Sunday – Splash-Spin-Stride Indoor Triathlon – Beloit, Wisconsin
Race dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes, as always, particularly with late autumn Midwestern weather surprises. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. Participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Are you hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.