Fast racers and fun runners lace on sneakers for a full roster of events during April’s second weekend. Highlights range from themed runs for kids and families to half marathons.
Check out this lineup of area running events, all scheduled from Saturday, April 12, through Sunday, April 13.
These Wisconsin running events are listed alphabetically by date for easy reference. Don’t miss the accompanying slideshow, which features flyers and additional details for many of these fitness highlights.
- April 12 – Saturday – 4th Annual Firehouse 5K – Onalaska, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday - 4th Annual Green Bay Area MK5K – Green Bay, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – African Water Fund Fun Run – Juda, Wisconsin.
- April 12 – Saturday – American Cancer Society Madison Walk / Run – Madison, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Ed Goss Memorial Fox Trot Fun Run – Omro, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Fort Scout Run – Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Friends for Benefits – Madison, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Gary’s Gallop – Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Iola Trail Run 15K / 5K – Iola, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Lionhearted Kids Run – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Mad City 100K – Madison, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Pi Mile Run for OccuPaws / UW Tau Beta Pi – Madison, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Run the Rapids Child Abuse Prevention Run – Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Run to Spring 5K – Razor Sharp Fitness – Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Run, Walk & Roll for Cerebral Palsy 5K – Middleton, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Spring Fever 10K / 5K – Altoona, Wisconsin
- April 12 – Saturday – Vet Fest 2014 Half Marathon / 5K / 1-Mile Run – Nishan Park – Reedsburg, Wisconsin
- April 13 – Sunday – Oshkosh Half Marathon / 5K – Oshkosh, Wisconsin
As always, race dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. Participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Are you hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.