Wisconsin firearms laws fall in Jackson County - will others follow?

Comments

• Robert Farago 5 years ago

Seems like a trend is born. If a DA's looking to out-Tea Party his rival, this would be the way to go. Of course, I'm sure Mr. Fox is motivated by nothing more than a deep belief in the rule of law.

• Luis 5 years ago

Robert, I think he's also motivated by keeping his office.

I like his example of the female barkeep needing to protect herself. It doesn't just apply to her; but to the California stevedore, the long-haul truck driver from Ohio, the executive secretary in New York, and the Maine grocery store owner.

• Gwen Klaus 5 years ago

WOW! What a complete reversal from Mayor Daly and the draconian gun laws he is foisting on his citizens of Chicago. Let freedom ring in WI!

• GregB from Lindstrom 5 years ago

Wisc. State Attorney General Van Hollen had better follow with a state-wide notice to Counties LEOs as well as State Patrol or there is going to be a lot of needless arrests and confusion. I sure would enjoy not having to unload every time I cross the border and wondering if I have my gun and ammo in the proper places in my truck. I hope that clarification comes soon.
    I applaud Gerald Fox, Jackson County District Attorney for his patriotism - he is right on and a hero in my view.
    Thanks Gene - please keep us informed.

• Paladin 5 years ago

Well, Mr. Farago, he's at least coming out publicly IN WRITING and supporting the constitution in this area and that's a hell of a lot more than the majority of "authorities" are doing. He's at least acting like a "public servant" and not a tyrant. When we do get an "authority" that tries to do the right thing, we should support them as much as possible and not immediately discount it as self-interest treachery. Frankly, I'd rather an "authority" like this retain his position than lose it to another statist, progressive/communist scumbag who'd rather use all copies of the constitution for toilet paper.

• Spook 5 years ago

Way I see is this is one less throat we'll need to cut.

• Todd 5 years ago

Fantastic! Common sense prevails , who would have thought?

• mac 5 years ago

Great job Fox a real standup guy...........about time we had a public officer invoke his oath..........and a tip of the hat to the supreme court also good work.........appleton res