Long gone are the days when we couldn’t wear white after Labor Day. Today’s fashion rules are there are no rules. If it looks great and makes you feel amazing go for it, after all confidence is the best fashion accessory you can have.
Winter white is becoming more and more popular especially in cities where it snows like Paris and New York. This look is easy to achieve with just five key pieces.
1. Wool coat: Wool coats are the quintessential of class and elegance no matter the color but a white wool coat is simply breathtaking. This is one of the most important items to own when putting together a winter white ensemble.
2. Wide leg pants: There’s something about a pair of white wide leg pants that just screams Jackie Onassis. Paired with a crisp white button down shirt and an amazing statement necklace and stacked bangles and you are ready to go.
3. Statement white shirt or sweater: You can always find a white shirt or sweater but to really make your look stand out try to find something more fashion forward to make a statement. Try Alexander Wang or McQueen to find that special shirt.
4. White fur: Whether it’s real or faux is completely up to you but if you can find an oversized white fur vest you can wear it with white jeans and a white henley top layered with lots of necklaces, fun hoop earrings and bangles. This look is great for my LA or Miami girls where it doesn’t get that cold.
5. White dress: Nothing is sexier than showing up to a winter event in a white cocktail dress. So many designers are showing white dresses in their winter collections so you shouldn’t have any problems finding the perfect one.
Tip: If you’re not a fan of white shoes or boots you can accent your winter white with black shoes to give it some contrast or nude to keep it in the neutral family.