Winter is absolutely here in the northeast with a full vengeance. Protecting your skin now, will help you keep your skin looking and feeling great all year round. With these tips you’ll prevent chapped lips, dull skin and your hands will be baby soft.
Tip: Dry Lips - Jan Marini, President and CEO of Jan Marini Skin Research
One of the most common complaints relating to harsh winter weather is dry chapped lips. Not only are dry lips uncomfortable, but they can interfere with lipstick application and certainly look unsightly. Here’s a tip guaranteed to deliver smooth, hydrated luscious looking lips:
- After removing your lipstick, use a wet (wrung out) washcloth to rigorously “buff” the lip area. This provides just the right amount of exfoliation and removes dead dry skin, leaving behind a smooth surface.
- Rub everything you use on your face over your lips – and be generous. This means moisturizers, retinol, etc.
- Finish with a sealant. Use something that is thick and emollient. This idea is to leave behind a barrier that sits on your lips throughout the night and prevents moisture from escaping. Some great examples are plain old Vaseline, Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream.
- In the AM, make certain you again massage your facial products onto your lip and finish with sunscreen.
Tip: Dull Winter Skin
Whether your skin is dry or oily, colder winter weather can make any complexion look duller and less vibrant. While increased moisture helps to provide a protective barrier in harsh temperatures, moisturizers don’t address skin that seems sluggish and looks like it’s half hidden behind a dull layer of skin.
Even in winter months, exfoliation is a must for keeping facial skin looking polished and luminous with that perfect “airbrushed” look.
Some resurfacing agents can have an anti-inflammatory effect and can also boost the skin’s ability to manufacture substances that retain water. Combination of acids are perfect for this task. Plus these same agents can assist in keeping skin blemish-free as well as lessening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Tip: Dehydrated Skin
Believe it or not, a supplement can actually increase your skin’s hydration and volume, making you looks like you are glowing and moisturized from within.
Regardless of how much water you consume, as you age, you produce less of the substances that allow your body and skin to retain water. These substances are partly responsible for giving you that plumped up luscious moist quality as opposed to the gaunter, less dense appearance of older and sun damaged skin. Perfect prevention and maintenance for dehydrated party skin!
Tip: Ragged Dry Cuticles
Cold winter weather not only dries facial skin but also has the potential to ravage already dry cuticles. Here’s a tip that’s guaranteed to remove dead, ugly cuticles without cutting and leave behind soft, smooth skin around the nail area. This is accomplished via a technology that dissolves and dislodges dead, dry skin without harming normal skin. The result is miraculous!
- Clean hands with a proteolytic enzyme cleanser
- Apply a proteolytic enzyme mask over cuticle area or over entire hand. Leave on for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove and rinse. Towel-dry and apply an emollient hand cream.
As a bride-to-be (and grooms can benefit from this too) you want your best face and hands forward on your wedding day. So don't wait another moment.