January 9, 2014
That’s because Winter Park offers more sledding and tubing than anywhere else in Colorado!
Check out these ways to catch some speed.
- Coca-Cola Tubing at Winter Park Resort: Hop on the magic carpet and away you are swept to the top of the hill for a pretty epic tubing experience at the base of the resort. Walk-in rates are $20/hour during the regular season and $22/hour during the holidays and spring break.
- Coca-Cola Tubing at Winter Park Resort:
- Fraser’s Tubing Hill: It has been called legendary. Adrenaline junkies may descend individually, in tandem, or in group clusters (for the fastest and longest ride!). Rates are $15/hour or $20 for 90 minutes on Monday-Thursday and $18/hour on the weekends and holidays.
- Grand Lake Nordic Center: Located 45 minutes from downtown Winter Park, this center offers free tubing and sledding. The Nordic Center is open to the public and is the perfect choice for families with little snow bunnies.
- YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch: The $15 day pass allows access to not only the tubing hill, but also the other amenities at the ranch.
- Town of Winter Park sledding hill: Make your way to Hideaway Park for yet another sledding spot. Sleds are available for check-out using the honor system.
- Colorado Adventure Park: Located just five miles from Winter Park Ski Resort, Colorado Adventure Park offers activities for all ages and adventure levels. Tubing rates are $18/hour or you can rent double tubes for $32/hour. Children under three can ride sleds on a mini-hill for free. Snowscoots – a fun-filled fusion of bike and snowboard – can be rented at a rate of $10 for 10 laps.