Bistro Aix is consistently at the top of our lists of lists of top Jacksonville restaurants because well...it is consistently good! Overall, this restaurant excels in every important restaurant category: great ambiance with eclectic and creative decor, an impressive menu with locally sourced ingredients that that is frequently changing, prompt and attentive service, and great wines and mixed drinks. Bistro Aix has now been around for more than 14 years and any restaurant with that type of longevity is a testament to the quality of the restaurant.
Bistro Aix has appeared in many Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner articles over the years. Notably, it showed up in our Culinary Competition series where it went up against a comparable restaurant in Orlando: Blue Zoo. The two restaurants battled it out, but one came out slightly on top (go to this link for the full article). Bistro Aix also appeared in the Jax's Best Dishes series where we recommend top dishes from the best restaurants around Jacksonville. In that article, we suggested our readers try the Crispy Shrimp ($4) and Duck ($3) Spring Rolls to start and then either the Eden Farms Berkshire Pork Loin ($25) or the Stilton Blue Cheese Filet ($36) for the entree and the Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding for dessert (go here for the full article). A disclaimer: Bistro Aix does change their menu from regularly, but we believe that the Stilton Blue Cheese Filet at the very least should appear as it is a staple that consistently shows up regardless of season.
Bistro Aix is known for hosting classy events and, as expected, they have a nice list of upcoming happenings to celebrate the Christmas season (including events at their newly renovated Le Bar, which we believe was previously the Onyx Bar):
- December 13: Spanish guitarist Goliath Flores performs live @ 7pm
- December 14: Spanish guitarist Goliath Flores performs live @ 7pm
- Every Tuesday @ Le Bar: Ladies night from 4-7pm with drink specials starting at $2.50
- Every Wednesday @ Le Bar: British Invasion with Happy Hour specials, Pimm's Cup, etc.
- Happy Hour @ Le Bar: Wed. through Fri. from 4-7pm with food and drink specials
- Closed: December 24th/25th
- New Years Eve: Open for lunch from 11am until 2pm
- New Years Celebration Dinner: Starts at 5pm until the party ends; Chef Zeke is preparing a three-course menu for the party including Fresh Tuna Tartare, Roasted Beets, Maine Lobster Spaghetti, Filet Mignon, and other exciting items. For reservations, call 904-398-1949.
For more from Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner, follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining.