Winter in New England = unpredictable and cold with a mix of snow, ice, mud and rain. The colors out the window are varying shades of grey and white. The rush and excitement of the holidays are over. The new toys have already become old. We've rung in the New Year and celebrated with every cold bug, ear infection, animal flu (from bird to swine), and virus available to us hardy New Englanders. There are no signs of spring and we're actually looking forward to a conversation with a groundhog. And, to top it off, winter vacation is still a month away. The winter dull-drums have officially set in.
Lucky for us, there is a bright side to winter in the form of a variety of winter-related events and festivals that celebrate and highlight the beauty of the season. Suddenly, the snow-covered trees outside the window begin to twinkle and shimmer in the last purple and orange hued light of a spectacular winter sunset.
For some enjoyable winter fun in New England, check out some of these festivals that celebrate the arts, the people, the fresh food, the outdoors, and winter traditions of New England:
- Creamery Brook Bison Farm Winter Sleigh Rides
- Festival of New Artists at the Goodspeed Opera House
- Full Moon Hike in Ansonia
- Groundhog Parade in Essex
- Childrens Winter Festival in Torrington February 6th
- Bethel Winterfest
- Camden Winterfest
- New Works Festival at the Firehouse Center for the Arts in Newburyport
- Winter Wine Festival at Wentworth by the Sea
- NH Farm and Forest Exposition in Manchester February 5th and 6th
- Mount Washington Valley Ice Festival February 5th through 7th
- Funda Fest 12
- Stowe, VT 36th Annual Winter Carnival
New England, general
- Farm Fresh Winter Markets in New England
Keep checking back for UPDATES to get you through the long winter ahead!