The cold winds of winter have descended. Tis the season for hot chocolate! And for people who don't have the taste buds for hot drinks, fear not. You can still enjoy the wintery taste of delicious hot chocolate in a frozen concoction. Frozen hot chocolate to the rescue. You can have your winter hot chocolate, even if hot drinks are not your cup of tea. Or your mug of chocolate. Winter doldrums never tasted so yummy.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 3 ounces of chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of hot chocolate mix (Swiss Miss is a good one)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- Whipped cream, optional
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Chop chocolate in small pieces. Melt in small saucepan, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Add hot chocolate mix and sugar. Stir constantly until blended.
- Remove from heat. Slowly add 1/2 cup milk. Stir until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender place remaining milk, chocolate mixture, and ice. Blend on high until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.