The cold weather is here. Bangor area children may be spending more time indoors. A good way to occupy children these colder days is to have them make crafts. Winter mitten garland is a fun craft that children will like to make.
The materials that are needed for this craft may already be available at home. Supplies can also be bought at the Bangor Super Wal-Mart store. The following materials are needed for this craft:
Regular craft foam in a variety of colors
1 sheet of adhesive backed craft foam (white)
White gift wrapping ribbon
This craft may be a bit challenging for small children. They may need help cutting the mittens from the craft foam and the ribbon. Small children may also need assistance when tying the mittens together. The directions for this craft are:
- Choose a work area. Place the materials that are needed for the craft within reach on that surface.
- Print the mitten template. Cut the mitten from the paper. Trace the mitten onto craft foam using the pencil. Make enough mittens to make whatever size garland you want. Cut the mittens from the craft foam. Turn the mittens so that the pencil doesn’t show.
- Cut the cuff from the mitten template. Trace the cuff onto the back of the white adhesive craft foam. Trace one cuff for each mitten. Cut the cuffs from the foam. Remove the back of each cuff and stick one cuff on each mitten.
- Use the punch to put a hole in each side of every mitten, just under the cuff.
- Use the ruler to measure and cut pieces of seven inch ribbon. Cut enough pieces of ribbon to tie each mitten together. Make sure to put ribbons in the two end holes for hanging purposes.