This Asian style dish was something I created by adapting a recipe I had for Bulgogi (Korean beef) and slow cooking it with very inexpensive country style ribs I had on hand.
If you prefer a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch to the slurry.
Find everything you need to make this at your local Meijer.
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 an apple, grated (I used a Granny Smith)
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 T toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 T brown sugar
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 lbs pork country ribs
- cornstarch slurry (1 T constarch mixed with a little water)
- hot cooked rice (I used brown)
- toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients from garlic through broth. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Add ribs to slow cooker. Pour soy sauce mixture over the top of the ribs. Cook on high for 1 hour and low for 4 hours or til meat is fork tender.
- Remove meat and set aside to keep warm. Whisk slurry into broth in cooker. Cover and cook another 30 minutes or til thickened.
- Serve ribs alongside rice with sauce over the top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.