This is a soup that my sister and I created, modeled after the Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana.
It is amazing soup!
Find everything you need to make it at your local Meijer.
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, removed from casing
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small cans chicken broth
- 1 qt. water
- 1 small (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 or heavy cream
- Brown sausage in a large pot; drain. Return to pot and add onion. Saute for about five minutes. Add garlic and sauté about one minute more.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, water and tomatoes to pot, and cover and cook on medium heat til potatoes are done (about 15 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 and 1/2. Bring to a simmer til heated through.