This pork roast had SUCH delightful flavor! Set it and forget it!
To find everything you need to make this fragrant dish, shop your local Meijer.
I found the recipe in Rachael Ray magazine.
- 2 lb boneless pork sirloin tip roast
- 1 t ground coriander
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 orange, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (do not peel)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 2 T fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 t finely chopped fresh ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed & peeled
- 1 bag brocco-slaw
- 1 t Sambal Oelek (go easy, this is some hot stuff)
- olive oil
- rice vinegar with garlic
- Season pork roast with coriander, salt and pepper. Rub all over meat.
- To a slow cooker, add orange juice, broth, fish sauce, garlic and ginger. Scatter half the onion and orange in the slow cooker, top with pork, then add remaining onion and orange on top of the pork.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours. Transfer the pork to a carving board. Rest for at least 15 minutes. Strain about 1 cup cooking juice and use it for sauce if desired.
- Meanwhile, in a covered container, toss brocco-slaw with Sambal Oelek, oil and vinegar. Taste and adjust with salt as desired.