Awesome, awesome, awesome!
I used extra chicken (about 1/2 lb or so), so I used a large can of enchilada sauce. Now I have leftover shredded chicken for several meals.
To find everything you need to make this veritable feast of a dinner, shop your local Meijer.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (28-oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- zest of 1/2 a lime, plus juice
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans, warmed
- 8 (8") flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, half of enchilada sauce, bouillon cubes, lime zest, juice, and cumin; cook on low 3-4 hours. Shred chicken with two forks; mix into the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a little beans in the middle of a tortilla, then add the chicken mixture. Fold and place into casserole dish. Repeat process til you've filled the desired number of tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce and any chicken mixture over the enchiladas. Top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or til cheese is bubbly.