This hearty soup is perfect for a chilly winter day!
Find everything you need to make it at your local Meijer.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage and cooked til browned.
- Stir in onion and cook til softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, cook another minute or so. Increase heat to high and add broth, tomato, lentils, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer til lentils are tender, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.