One of my favorite soup recipes: delicious and easy to do!
Find everything you need to make this delightful soup at your local Meijer.
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large cans chicken broth
- 6 oz fresh spinach, stemmed and torn into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup cooked small pasta (I used acini de pepe)
- Brown sausage on medium heat in a large pot. Drain. Return to pot and add onion. Saute for about five minutes. Add garlic and saute about one minute more.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth to pot; cover and cook til potatoes are done (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in spinach and half and half. Bring to a simmer til heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Served with pasta and Rustic Italian Bread.