March 22, 2014
Serve the pork with black beans and rice, and if you are bold, with a spicy sauce/salsa too! Delicious meal!
Find everything you need to make this dish at your local Meijer.
- 1 pork roast, trimmed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 T oregano, rubbed and divided
- 1 T cumin, divided
- Adobo seasoning, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a large plastic ziploc bag, place pork, juices and 1/2 of each spice. Shake well to mix.
- Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove roast from marinade and discard the marinade. Let meat drain well in a colander.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a Dutch oven til very hot.
- Add pork and brown well.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in onion and garlic and remaining spices and cook about 5 minutes or til onion is softened.
- Stir in broth. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or til pork is tender and liquid is reduced.
- Uncover and cook til broth evaporates. Brown meat once again in pot.
- Serve pork with black beans and rice.