What are some of the biggest mistakes buyers make in multiple-offer situations? Whether you’re a buyer or seller, you’re going to want to know this:
- Not having your agent do a full comparative market analysis, which offers a clear idea of the property’s market value.
- Failing to understand both the pluses and minuses of the property.
- Making a decision based on pure emotion.
- Failing to set a walk-away price during negotiations.
- Failure to do due diligence by inserting contingencies in the purchase contract.
- Working with the wrong agent.
- Not doing your homework on the property – and its listing agent.
- Failing to make sure that there are indeed other offers.
- Giving up too early in the game.
- Not asking for a backup position if you lose in the bidding. It never hurts to go for backup.
Need more advice? Let’s talk.
Dreaming of San Francisco? Cece Blase offers local advice to San Francisco buyers, sellers and owners-- and feeds the dreams of those who wish they could live in Tony Bennett's 'City by the Bay.' Call 415-577-0809 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. www.ceceblase.com