Which 2013 Doritos Super Bowl commercial will win the $1 million prize?
With five finalists in the annual ad contest, it's up to the Ad Meter to determine a winner. This year, prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place.
Competing this year for bragging rights in the Doritos Crash the Super Bowl contest are the following commercials (click the link to view the video):
- 'Fetch': Dog fetches bear instead of Maxim model: In this ad, a small dog does a great job fetching Doritos for his owner, but things don't go so well when the owners asks him to get the woman on the front of a Maxim magazine.
'Express Checkout': Age trumps good looks when a young man tries to get ahead of an older gentleman in the grocery line. Even flirting doesn't help.
- 'Road Chip': A young girl is tired of her pet chihuahua stealing her chips, so she lures him with a chip by hanging it out the car window. The poor pup falls for the chip and flies out the window.
'Fashionista Daddy': A great dad chooses playing dress-up with his daughter instead of hanging with the guys. Awww.
- 'Goat 4 Sale': This funny commercial features a Doritos-obsessed goat who can't get enough of his new owner's massive collection of cheesy chips.
What will the winner of the 2013 Doritos Crash the Super Bowl contest get?
Each of the five finalists has already been awarded $25,000 and a trip to New Orleans to attend Super Bowl XLVII in a private luxury suite at the game.
In addition, the prizes are as follows:
- $1 million will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 1 spot on the USA Today Ad Meter
- $600,000 will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 2 two spot on the USA Today Ad Meter
- $400,000 will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 3 spot on the USA Today Ad Meter
Not only will the finalists get their commercial aired during Super Bowl XLVII while they sit in a luxury box, they have a one-in-five chance to win a bundle of cash and a chance to work with director Michael Bay who directed films such as "Transformers" and "Pearl Harbor."
Which Doritos Super Bowl ad is your favorite?